Syllabus Tweaks

Hope everyone is having a good Spring Break! I’m looking forward to seeing you back in class in Monday.

This is just a quick note to point out that I have made a few tweaks to the syllabus. Some of the assignments were initially drafted with a much larger class enrollment in mind. Since we have a smaller group and have developed some more informal ways of working together, I’ve tried to adjust the syllabus accordingly.

I will talk more about these tweaks on Monday, but the most important changes are:

• We won’t be using CATME to evaluate teamwork, but we will be using informal questionnaires that I will send you two times in the remaining weeks of the semester.
  • Rather than assigning each of you to only one small group, your small groups will shift shape depending on the tasks that need to be done each week.
  • Progress Reports will be written collaboratively and be assigned one grade for all students, but they will detail what each student in your group has done each week.

Enjoy the weekend, and don’t forget to set your clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time!