Before coming to class on Wednesday, please be sure to go through the readings for January 15. We will be talking about two big questions in regard to these readings:
- Why would an archive of tweets be useful to historians?
- How does Twitter work "under the hood"?
You may also be interested to look more closely at some of the things I introduced in class yesterday, which can be found at the following links:
- Video on Twitter archive at Library of Congress
- #OWS tweets in New York City, as seen here
- Heat map of #OWS tweets
- Occupy Oakland retweets, as seen here
- Close-up of Oakland retweet graph
- Visualization of Gephi twitter network, as seen here
- Geo-tagged tweets since 2009, as seen here
- Map of whaling voyages and animated video, as seen here
- Reprint networks in 19th century newspapers found in the Chronicling America database, as seen here